Frustrating Day

Day 226 of Safer-at-Home here in Panama City Beach, Florida. Today’s statistics from Florida’s Community Coronavirus Dashboard for Bay County are 6,920 cases and 139 deaths, and for Florida are 862,669 cases and 16,775 deaths. Bay District Schools report 2 new cases for a total of 108, and there are 459 individuals in quarantine.

Photo by Wesley Tingey on Unsplash

This morning I headed out early to my workshop and when I got there I had a voice mail on my phone. It was FEMA regarding my request for additional rental assistance. So I headed back home to return the call. Yesterday I had received a letter asking for additional information. I called the help line, which really was not of much assistance. So I uploaded the information they requested, as some of what I had uploaded was not received. Anyway I called the helpline again as per the phone message. The person helping me did not know why they had called so he transferred me to an agent. She read my file and asked a few questions, and I hung up thinking everything was cleared up. By the time I got back to my workshop, I had a message that my case had been updated. So when I went home for lunch I checked out my correspondence file on the site, and found that my request had been denied because of missing information, but not identifying what information was missing. Now I have 60 days to appeal. I have decided that they want to make this process as hard as possible.

Photo by Sigmund on Unsplash

At my workshop I worked on the pieces for my demo Friday for the last day of classes. I thought I had an extra mug warmer, as I kept three at the college. I use the warmer to dry my liquid enamel pieces before I fire them. But I could not find it. So while waiting for them to dry, I started to throw out things in the little shed. I was able to fill up the trash can and put it on the curb for trash day tomorrow.

Photo by India on Unsplash

I then checked on my enamel pieces, but they were not dry yet. The 90% humidity was probably a factor, as we are getting very outer bands of Hurricane Zeta. So I went home for lunch. After lunch I went ahead and sgraffitoed the pieces, though they were maybe a little too damp. When I fired the earrings, I had no problems, but ran into problems with the pendant, as some of the liquid enamel came off. I patched it, dried it and refined it. Anyway I feel ready for class on Friday.

Stay Safe, Stay Healthy, and Wear a Mask

Categories UncategorizedTags , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close